The ‘Sport England Active Lives Coronavirus Report’ (Oct 2020) shows that disabled people’s activity levels were disproportionately impacted by the pandemic and they experienced a larger increase in inactivity levels. 56% of disabled people with 3 or more impairments are now inactive, rising by 11.2% from last year.
During this difficult time, it is more important than ever that we are supporting disabled people to be active in a way that is right for them.
Get Yourself Active – at Home
Disability Rights UK have launched new pre-recorded videos aimed at supporting disabled people to get active at home during covid-19 outbreak. Their new ‘Get Yourself Active at Home’ timetable is now available and videos will be released in January on their new YouTube channel.
- Seated Cardio and Strength with Ben
- Multi Sports Activities with Mark
- Seated Dance with Rachel
- Videos Body Weights workouts with Becky
Parasport – Inclusive Home Workout Zone
Check out Pasrasport Inclusive Home Workout Zone. It includes a series of links to a range of different home workout routines specially designed for disabled people. New content is continuously being added.
- Chair Based Yoga
- Seated Pilates
- Audio Dance Class especially for Visually Impaired & Blind Students
- Yoga and Meditation course specifically curated for SEND students
- Bellydance class we focus on adapted dance for amputees and individuals with limb difference
- Exercise Class with WheelPower
- Boxercise from British Blind Sport