Let's talk about restraints
This online resource enables you to:
- Learn what we mean by the term restraint.
- Understand the different types of restraint.
- Understand the negative effects they can have on disabled people.
- Download a toolkit of resources you need to run a training course in your area.
The aim of this resource is to encourage and facilitate carers, personal assistants and individual employers to navigate the difficult subject of restraint.
The project was jointly developed by:
- Active Independence.
- Disability Sheffield.
- Sheffield Individual Employer and PA Development Group.
It was funded by Skills for Care.