There are common barriers faced by personal assistants.
- Work focuses on the specific needs of an individual employer
- No two roles are exactly the same
- There is no one place of work
- There is no one set of policies or procedures
- No one particular set of circumstances all PAs will share
- There is a lack of access to professional support
- Lack of interaction with others in similar situations
- Individual employment is a relatively new concept with many unknowns
Our aim to support PAs overcome the common barriers they face. We do this by offering support in a number of key areas.
PA Support Service
Our PA Support Service is entirely confidential and impartial. To ensure impartiality, the service is run by a professional PA. To ensure confidentiality, the service is a separate administrative entity to the rest of Active Independence's work.
PA Support Service contact:
Angela Burman on 07479 293416
This service is delivered in partnership with Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council.
The PA Knowledge Base is a collection of articles useful for anyone working as a PA. There's a search function if you're looking for something in particular.
Join our Network
To become a member of the network simply subscribe to our PA Newsletter. This ensures you receive PA Newsletter, invites to events and training sessions designed specifically for PAs. Most events are entirely free and will help you get more from your work as a PA. We won't share your details with anyone else.