The latest Individual Employer and Personal Assistant Research Report for 2021 has just been published and can be downloaded from the link below.
Key findings include:
- around 230,000 adults, older people and carers were receiving direct payments in 2020. Skills for Care estimates that around 70,000 of these were directly employing their own staff
- individual employers had, on average, 1.85 PAs each, creating around 130,000 jobs
- PAs had, on average, 1.29 PA jobs each
- the average turnover rate of PAs was 18.2%, considerably lower than the turnover rate for care workers in the independent sector (39.1%)
- the average vacancy rate of PAs was 8.1%, similar to the vacancy rate amongst care workers (8.1%).