We’re running a free two part course offering a greater understanding of diabetes and how to support individuals who have this condition.
What will I learn?
- Identification of different types of diabetes
- Outline the causes of diabetes and recognition of the risk factors
- The role diet plays in controlling diabetes
- The 10 commandments of diabetes control
What will it cover?
- How diabetes affects the body
- The different types of diabetes
- The causes and risk factors relating to developing diabetes
- Blood glucose monitoring
- The role of diet in Diabetes
- The “Rule of 15”
- The ten commandments of diabetes control
- The importance of good health care
Session 1: Awareness
Tuesday 10th February 2015
Session 2: Advanced
Tuesday 17th March 2015
Session timetable (applies to both):
12.30pm – Light lunch
1.00pm – Session Start
4.00pm – Session end
Spaces are limited so booking is essential.
A certificate of attendance will be issued.
A flyer for the event can be downloaded by clicking here. Please distribute to anyone you think might be interested!