Driving license: Yes
A highly competent and enthusiastic carer with an outgoing personality, great communication skills and a passion for caring for others, multi-skilled and self-motivated with a dedication for providing personal and physical care on a one-to-one basis. Has proven ability to meet the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. Using initiative to develop effective solutions to problems with an active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done efficiently & unsupervised. Currently looking for a suitable carer position with an ambitious employer.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Experience of personal care, companionship and home help.
• Experience of working in residential, nursing and learning disability homes.
• A good knowledge of health and social care services. Good verbal and written communication skills
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Manual handling Care plans
• General housework
• Meal preparation
• Fire safety
• Food hygiene
• House cleaning
• IT Skills
• Caring and sensitive
• Physically fit
Previously to the job i currently do, i have always worked in the care sector in one way or another. Using active independence for all my work. I have worked with duchenne dystrophy which was a young male who was paralyzed from the neck down and was PEG feed. I worked as a 3 team but single shifts. I have experience with hoists, slide mats, other moving aids and lots of common sense. I am a very caring individual who always puts my clients first no matter what job needs to be done respecting their wishes and dignity at all times. Please do not let my present job cloud your judgement as i believe that to be a PA to the most complex of needs comes from the experiences of the people you work with. And i believe that i learn their needs at a fast pace.
PA 2016- present
I am currently working as a project assistant in a homeless hostel in Doncaster, within this role I am responsible for running the hostel and keeping up with the customers ensuring they stick to the objectives of there support plan. I signpost to outside organisations from drug and alcohol misuse, mental health to debt management. I am the fire marshal so do the weekly fire tests and ensure the building is in running with the fire regulations . This is a tough role as your not only completing the jobs within your description but you are the person the customers come to for help with cleaning there rooms, calling benefits or assisting to appointments. You are also there to listen and advise where possible.
PA-2014 - 2016
Helping service users to remain in their own homes by providing the support and care needed to help them achieve maximum independence. Responsible for providing a high standard of care provision during early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Offering personal care, preparing meals, cleaning and helping with shopping trips.
• Administering medication and arranging medical appointments.
• Delivering and serving of ‘meals on wheels’ when required.
• Helping service users with mobility problems including incontinence.
• Making & changing beds, tidying rooms and emptying commodes etc.
• Providing advice and emotional support to clients.
• Setting tables and trays and also taking clothes to the laundry.
• Assisting with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing washing & bathing.
• Taking part in staff and service users’ meetings and also in training activities.
• Updating a clients medical records and other paperwork.
• Assisting with activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
• Reporting to supervisors any changes in the health / circumstances of service users.
• Involved in six monthly reviews of service users.
• Helping service users to look after their own health.
• Transport service users to local amenities.
• Assistance with pet care, including feeding and walking dogs.
A good standard of education
NVQ2 Health & Social Care
NVQ 1,2,3 Beauty Therapy
NVQ Food And Hygiene
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST