We are a disabled person's user led organisation.
We're a small charity based in Doncaster. We offer advice, support and assistance to anyone encountering one of the many barriers facing disabled people, and those who care for them.
I have finally got a letter outlining why they made the changes to my ESA. I wish we had been put in touch sooner. Thanks again. What may be easy for you has made a massive difference to my life. Heartfelt thanks.
I am really glad that my friend brought us together. You have been a massive help. I was struggling to get my blue badge as I can not get online, and this was such a help. Since then you have also helped me with Carers Allowance, PIP Appeal and Universal Credit. I have so much on my plate and it nice knowing I have someone in the background who can help, this makes a huge difference. My advocate is a good person to have in your corner. I am really pleased with the service and she is very professional.
Thank you so much for all the support you have given us. It has made it so easier knowing you are there to answer any questions I had on the recruitment process and the PA Register really made the application process a lot smoother and more professional.
Originally my daughter was only received a score of 2 points on her PIP application and thus we not awarded any support. We made the appeal with the help from Active Independence. Following the Appeal Hearing, we were re-scored of 27 and award Enhanced Rate Mobility and Daily Living and it is not time limited.
We are delighted with this outcome and with the support and guidance given to us by our advocate.
The biggest areas of help for us was when she explained the hearing process to my daughter, and guiding me on the structure of the submission – I have been involved in formal Court and Tribunal submissions and Appeals elsewhere and they tend to be substantial documents and very ‘robust’ in their criticism of Assessors / other parties.
Our Advocate came to see us a couple of times at home and we had numerous phone conversations and she suggested a suitable format and tone of approach to take. Without her help both we would have found the Hearing much more stressful as we would not have known if the submission was suitable and what to expect. So one again we are delighted with the help Active Independence gave us.
Thank you for all you have done for me and my family. I am just lost for words, the way you dealt with me and sorted out my problems. You are so kind and helpful.
The PAs you found for me are terrific. Words can’t describe what a difference to my life they have made in 3 days! Thank you so much.
I felt isolated until my GP referred me to Active Independence. At last I felt someone really cared! It produced life changing results very quickly, and lifted a big weight off my shoulders.
My advocate was very supportive and understanding from our first meeting. He helped me take charge of the Personal Independence Payment claim which had been causing me a lot of anxiety.
- To provide information, advice, advocacy, training and support to enable disabled people to have choice and control, and to live independent lives.
- To raise aspirations and confidence among disabled people, families and carers to facilitate choice, control and independent living.
- To campaign for the right for disabled people to have choice and control, in order to live independently and with dignity.
- To help and support and learn from each other.
- To be a 100% disabled persons user-led organisation.
- To offer advice to those who receive funds to employ personal assistants to meet their support and/or care needs.
- To work with service providers from all sectors to ensure the experiences of disabled people inform the development of relevant policies, procedures and services.
- To promote the benefits of personal budgets and self directed support in giving disabled people greater control over their lives.
Registered charity number 1148975. Limited company number 7942039. Registered address: Awaiting information.
Copyright © 2016 Active Independence. All rights reserved.